Saturday, April 23, 2011

I return!

Wow, how long has it been? Huh. I guess I forgot this was here for about... erm... two years. Eh. Seems like I wasn't missed much, anyway. But! I come with something that I find to be worth sharing with the internet. Here's a short blurb I saw in the paper a couple of days back:

A 21 year old man was found dead in his apartment yesterday evening after a neighbor called 911, saying he wouldn't answer his phone and that he hadn't been out of his apartment in over a day. The death was determined by the coroner to be a suicide, but details of the autopsy have been withheld from the public.

Alright, so I know what you're thinking: some poor guy couldn't take it anymore and offed himself. What of it? Well, I happen to have a friend who works at the morgue.

...

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyway, there are a few things that he said makes this case weird. First and foremost, they don't have the body anymore. Seems like someone misplaced it or something, which is why they're trying to avoid it getting into the papers. Because, quite frankly, that's just embarrassing.

When I asked him what the other odd factors were, he just shook his head and said he probably shouldn't talk about it. Anyway, I managed to talk him into getting me a copy of the autopsy report. He said that it was risky, but he would have it for me in a few days.

Now, I know what all of you are probably thinking right now: Daniel, why the fuck are you doing this? or, The dude's dead, what does it matter? or maybe even, Are you mentally ill?

To answer questions one and two, I'm a journalism major, it's my job to poke my nose in where it doesn't belong. As for the last one, no, I've checked. Kidding.

Well, that should wrap things up for now. If you want to see what comes of my little investigation, I suggest you stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment