Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Turning point.

Well, I took a little field trip over to Jeff's house, like I said I was going to. When I got there, I had to park across the street. About five police cars and an ambulance were parked in his driveway and in the street. The ambulance was pulling away when I got out of my car and headed over.

I asked one of the cops what happened, and who was in that ambulance. He said that they'd gotten a call that some hood in a red jacket had broken a window at this address and climbed through. When they got here, they found a man (Jeff) lying on the bedroom floor with a knife stuck in his shoulder. Mister Red Hoodie was nowhere to be found.

I talked to him in the hospital earlier today (he should be fine, by the way. The knife missed anything important.) As I expected, he thinks it was the same guy that knocked him down in the parking lot. Which means this wasn't an isolated event. Which, in turn, means someone doesn't want him, or, by extension, me, looking into that suicide case. So, the sensible thing to do would be to drop the whole thing and get on with my life.

Like hell I will. That would make too much sense. Besides, there are a few sources of information I still haven't tapped yet. I'll see if anything comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment